Data Collection needs to be precise because under collection creates risk and over collection increases costs
In this course you will learn.....
Best practices and techniques to efficiently collect relevant data in a sound manner, to ensure that your collection is legally defensible as well as cost effective.
After completing this course you will know:
- The difference between data preservation and data collection
- How proportionality relates to collection
- The types of data to be collected
- How to define a collection strategy
- The different collection methods including forensic, self-collection and remote collection and how to select the best method for your case
- How to validate your collections
The course downloads and extras include:
- Chain of Custody form
- Collection Check list
- This course is eligible for one (1) Association of Certified eDiscovery Specialists (ACEDS) re-certification or eligibility credit
Ms. Loveland has over two decades of practice support, litigation and project management experience in medium and large law firms, consulting services and now government. She has extensive case and project management experience on large complex to small cases; including multi-jurisdictional cases in state and federal court. Tamara is currently serving as an Electronic Evidence Specialist in criminal and civil cases for the U.S. Attorney’s office. She is also a current Adjunct Professor with UCLA Extension and a former Adjunct Professor at Cal State Los Angeles, teaching litigation technology and e-discovery project management classes in the paralegal training programs.
Tamara's practice support specialties include electronic document collection, preservation, spoliation prevention, preparing e-discovery budgets, designing and building case-specific databases in Relativity or Eclipse SE, preparing electronic data for production, setting up war rooms and creating multi-media presentations for trial.
Tamara holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, several e-discovery related software certifications and is a a Certified Paralegal.